Do you have Any Questions?
Privacy Notice for Le Bistro Des Amis
Owner and Data Controller
Le Bistro Des Amis
1, Jerry Croft
Owner contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Our commitments to you
To enable us to undertake our business objectives we collect and use personal data about individuals. We recognise the trust placed in us by individuals whose data we are entrusted with. This policy (together with any other documents referred to in it) sets out the basis on how any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, or that we obtain about you will be processed by us. We are committed to ensuring that we do so in a manner that is both lawful and respects your privacy.
Please read the following carefully to understand our approach and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. We take any complaints we receive very seriously. If you think our collection or use of your personal data is unfair, misleading or inappropriate, please bring it to our attention and we will be happy to provide any additional data or explanations needed. We also welcome suggestions for improving our procedures.
You can also contact the Data Commissioner’s Office at ICO, www.ico.org.uk or write to ICO, Wycliffe House Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire SK9 5AF or telephone 0303 123 1113 for advice or to make a complaint.
Your Privacy Rights
Users may exercise certain rights regarding their Data processed by the Owner.
In particular, Users have the right to do the following:
- Withdraw their consent at any time. Users have the right to withdraw consent where they have previously given their consent to the processing of their Personal Data.
- Object to processing of their Data. Users have the right to object to the processing of their Data if the processing is carried out on a legal basis other than consent. Further details are provided in the dedicated section below.
- Access their Data. Users have the right to learn if Data is being processed by the Owner, obtain disclosure regarding certain aspects of the processing and obtain a copy of the Data undergoing processing.
- Verify and seek rectification. Users have the right to verify the accuracy of their Data and ask for it to be updated or corrected.
- Restrict the processing of their Data. Users have the right, under certain circumstances, to restrict the processing of their Data. In this case, the Owner will not process their Data for any purpose other than storing it.
- Have their Personal Data deleted or otherwise removed. Users have the right, under certain circumstances, to obtain the erasure of their Data from the Owner.
- Receive their Data and have it transferred to another controller. Users have the right to receive their Data in a structured, commonly used and machine readable format and, if technically feasible, to have it transmitted to another controller without any hindrance. This provision is applicable provided that the Data is processed by automated means and that the processing is based on the User’s consent, on a contract which the User is part of or on pre-contractual obligations thereof.
- Lodge a complaint. Users have the right to bring a claim before their competent data protection authority.
If you have any questions, please contact us:
By email at: email@example.com
Through our website: lebistrodesamis.co.uk
Types of Data collected
Among the types of Personal Data that this Website collects are: Usage Data and Contact Details such as: first name, last name, company name, address, email address and city.
How is this data collected and processed?
Within this Website we use a number of processes to gather data;
- Gravity Forms – https://www.gravityforms.com
Gravity Forms is used to compose the online forms which are found in ‘Contact Us’ and ‘Subscribe to Newsletter’ pages within the Website.
Your data is not processed until the mandatory fields of the form are completed and the form submitted.
Your data is emailed directly to the Data Controller and processed via their email protocols.
Your data is then completely deleted from the Websites Database within 24 hours.
In circumstances where the purpose of the form is for ‘Subscription to a Newsletter’, the data gathered is forwarded to Mailchimp https://mailchimp.com
- Mailchimp – https://mailchimp.com
Mailchimp is a cloud based software used to organise and control subscription lists. This enables the Data Controller to email all the subscribers to a newsletter.
The Data Controller abides by a Double Opt-in procedure regarding your data. i.e Once the Users Data from the Website form is sent to Mailchimp, a secondary email is sent to the User from Mailchimp which requests further confirmation before the Data can be added to the Mailchimp Subscription List.
It is only the Data Controller which has access to the Mailchimp account associated to the Website.
Updating or deleting the Users Data. This can be done either by clicking the links at the foot of the Newsletter emails or by contacting the Data Controller.
- Google Analytics – https://analytics.google.com/analytics/web
Google Analytics is used to understand how the website is being used where upon changes can be made to improve the User experience.
Data is gathered about how the User progresses via their IP address.
The Data Controller ensures that the IP Anonymization is Enabled and the specific location of the User is not identifiable.
The Data collected by Google Analytics will only be used by the Data Controller for the benefit of the Website and not shared with any 3rd parties.
The Data is stored with Google Analytics for 26 months which enables the Data Controller to analyse over annual trends.
Embedded content from other websites
Some information within the Website is imported directly from our Social Media accounts, such as Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.
Typically these appear on a ‘News’ page or within galleries.
This information is typically cached and imported hourly.
How we protect your data
The Website is hosted on a secure server by 20i, https://www.20i.com/ with independent c-panel access.
The Website is built on a WordPress platform. The software used to build and function the website is updated frequently to ensure high standards of security.
Changes to Our Privacy Notice
We review this notice regularly as part of our internal processes or as our services, activities, or regulatory requirements change. It’s subject to change at any time, but the most up to date version is published on our website.
You have legal rights in respect of the personal data we hold about you. The Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) has published guidance on the full range of rights. The rights that are most relevant to the way in which we use your personal data include:
- The right to be informed about how we use personal data – this privacy notice gives that information
- The right to object – if you object to us processing your data for marketing purposes, or for healthcare purposes where our legal basis is legitimate interests (see ‘why we collect and process your personal data’, above), we will then stop doing so, unless we are processing the data in respect of a legal claim or can otherwise show that our legitimate interest in processing the data overrides your rights and interests
- The right of access – if you ask us for the personal data we hold about you we will provide it within a month, free of charge (unless we have already provided it to you, in which case we may have to charge you the administrative cost of providing it again).
- The right to rectification – if you ask us to correct personal data about you that is inaccurate or incomplete, we will do so within a month (unless we need longer, in which case we will discuss this with you)
- The right to erasure – also known as the ‘right to be forgotten’. If you ask us to delete your personal data, we will do so if there is no compelling reason to continue processing the data. We will not usually delete healthcare data before our usual time limit (see ‘how we hold and share your personal data’ above) where we have a duty to keep accurate records – for example, to comply with a legal obligation, or in connection with a legal claim. If you ask us to delete such data we will discuss this with you
Contacting us and the ICO about your personal data
Please speak to us first if you have any questions or concerns about the way in which we process personal data. You can contact us via the details on this website.
You have the right to complain to the ICO if you have a concern about our handling of your personal data which you do not think we can resolve.